Just so, you know…you know.
1) RuPaul is noted among famous drag queens for his indifference towards the gender-specific pronouns used to address him—both “he” and “she” have been deemed acceptable. “You can call me he. You can call me she. You can call me Regis and Kathie Lee; I don’t care! Just as long as you call me.”
2) His name was given to him by his mother, a Louisiana native. The Ru came from roux, an ingredient used in gumbo.
3) The two [Milton Berle and RuPaul] had conflicts back-stage, and when Berle touched RuPaul’s false breasts, RuPaul ad-libbed the line “So you used to wear gowns, but now you’re wearing diapers.” A surprised Berle replied, “Oh, we’re going to ad lib? I’ll check my brain and we’ll start even.”
4) He did regret the situation, saying: “Of course, what I should have done backstage is told him ‘Get your dirty hands off of me, you motherfucker!’, and then gone out there and been Miss Black America.”
5) In 1997, he released his third album, a Christmas album entitled Ho, Ho, Ho.